Monday 27 February 2012

Section B - How often would you go the cinema if you had a HD TV to use at home for streaming via renting DVD's, LoveFilm, Netflix etc?

When given the circumstances of using resources to watch film through a HD TV like LoveFilm, Netflix, renting DVD's, recording etc, I asked 10 people the question of how often they would go to the cinema despite all of this. These are the answers that I got:


Person 1 - "I would still go to the cinema because I feel that the atmosphere is a lot better than at home. Also, it depends how much it would be to keep renting DVD's, downloading etc."


Person 2 - "I would still go to the cinema just as often for the new releases and also the viewing experience that you get like a massive screen, surround sound etc and the sociable aspects that you get."

Person 3 - "I think I would continue going to the cinema because I think going to the cinema is a completely different experience than watching a film at home. However, if I had a HD TV, I wouldn't rush to watch a film that had just come out if I could wait for it to be released on DVD or on LoveFilm and watch it at home."

Person 4 - "I would carry on going to the cinema because of the experience you get. Also, going to the cinema is much more enthralling than at home. At the cinema, you feel the suspense more when watching a film due to the dark setting. Also, you get to see the reactions of the other people watching."

Person 5 - "I would only go to the cinema if one of the latest releases was a film I really wanted to see. Also, if a film like Avatar is released, I would go because you would be able to see the full effects better on the big screen than at home."

Person 6 - "I would still go quite often as I enjoy the atmosphere of seeing a film in the cinema and also the film would look better on a big screen rather than just on a HD TV at home. The film would be a lot more enjoyable for the audience in my opinion."

Person 7 - "I don't think I would go the cinema as often unless the film was an amazing 3D film because it would be a waste of money when you could watch the film at home when it's released on a hard copy. Especially if I had a HD TV."

Person 8 - "I would still go now and again for the atmosphere. Especially with an action film that I really wanted to watch because they are so much better on the big screen and you can see all of the details better."

Person 9 - "I wouldn't go the cinema as much seeing as I would have the opportunity to watch the film in my own home when it's released on a third party site like Netflix. I would maybe only go if the film looked really exciting for me to go and see at the cinema with the bigger screen and sound."

Person 10 - "I wouldn't go to cinema a lot if I had a HD TV because I wouldn't have to wait in long queues as much and sit in audiences of loud eaters and kissing couples etc. Also, I would be able to pause/rewind/fast forward the film a much as I want."

Based on the answers that I got from my chosen 10 people, only 3 of my participants would not go to the cinema as often if they owned a HD TV to watch films on via Netflix, LoveFilm, DVD's etc due to the amount of money spent at the cinema, being able to pause/fast forward/rewind a film how many times you want and being in your comfort zone by staying at home. On the other hand, most of my participants (being 7) would carry on going to the cinema as often as they do because of the social aspects you get at the cinema e.g going with friends and family and the atmosphere you can experience being the bigger screen and surround sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment